Tuesday, August 7, 2007

First Entry

*note- despite the lack of chronological correctness this was indeed my first post that was unfortunately deleted.

Here I am in the fishbowl at school looking through blogs instead of working on Squadfits like I should be. One of the glorious things about these first couple weeks of August is being on whatever schedule I like. Lingering in bed to read in the morning is one of my favorite uses of this gift of time. I am currently being inspired by Madeline L'Engle's Circle of Quiet, which I accidently stumbled upon in the library while looking for something else.It's funny, but sometimes I get so caught up in the not so real busy things of life that I forget that I love to read. Actually I suppose that isn't funny at all.

My very best friend in the whole world visited me this weekend. We had a really good time together. I used to believe that everyone had a friend like her, that everyone had a relationship as close, had an Other. Only a few years ago did I realize how blessed I was. It's funny that we both go to school so far away and yest so semi-close to each other. It happened so accidentally. She graduates this December and I'm so proud of her. Sister Alex is a very smart woman, though she doesn't realize it.

I am rat-sitting this week. Okay, by this week I actually mean Saturday night and yesterday. They belong to Rhett and Scarlett and are named Neville Longbottom and Sir Tobey. Last night the three of us lay on the couch and I tried not to be too ticklish while they scurried around my neck like a living scarf. I talked to Sister Alex last night and said I was going to miss them when they left today. "Yes but Scarlett and Rhett will be back." Oh yeah.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Faith!

    You're right...I was quite curious as to who you were when you commented on my blog, but it didn't take me long to figure it out once I started reading!:-)

    I think you're right about the whole 'best friends' thing. I used to think everyone had a great circle of close friends the way I do...But I was very lucky. Only since I moved have I realized that I was incredibly lucky and blessed to land in the middle of such a great group of people for most of my life...

    Most of the relationships I see now are fickle and lack foundation. I am so lucky to have grown up with you and Devan and Tayva and Brenna, etc, etc...

    It was great to hear from you, Faithie! I love you!

    Kendra

    PS - I got your letter, and started to write you back, but my uncle was visiting when I got it, and staying in my room...I think he may have packed the letter up with all his junk when he left, so I lost your address!!! I'm looking for it though...my email address is lovenchocolate@gmail.com though, if you could email it to me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faith! I believe God answered my prayer all those years ago by bringing you and Alexandra together. You were the friend for her I had been praying for.
    I like Madeleine L'Engle, LOVE Sister Alex, and don't like rats at all!

    Anyway, welcome to blogging. Miss you but it will be good to "see" you online sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to stumble into your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You have a blog!
    Evidently my eldest knew and didn't tell me -that rat!
    I love to read too - but never allow myself - I saw this commercial the other day with Whoopie Goldberg on reading - and she said it was one of the "great leisurely pursuits" - I agree - but it should not be leisure - it is necessity and leisure - maybe leissity??
    Anyhoo - I know what you mean about that other half thing. I am so glad for you that you and Alex have each other.
    And about your rat-sitting adventures - I love their names. My kids decided yesterday to name our 3 kittens with a Phantom of the Opera theme - so we have a Phantom (POTO), Christine and Raol. (however you spell that!)
    Stay in touch.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I was noticing the amount of comments you have here - I am thinking you might be rethinking that whole "ambiguity" thing!

    ReplyDelete