Monday, September 8, 2008

Nutshell Beginning

“ I’m here, I’m here!” (see A Lad and His Lamp, Bugs Bunny cartoon). After a fourteen hour train ride on Sunday/Monday I arrived minus just one bag that I chased the Fed Ex man down for on Tuesday. Great fun.

My house is gorgeous and when I walk into my living room I can see the lake right there. Incredible. I say ‘my house’ but actually I’m staying on the side of the lodge with two of the other interns until our fourth intern gets here from Romania. Then she and I will move to the other side of the lodge where, thank heavens, the view remains.

I’ve learned a lot more about CPAF ministry since I’ve been here and I feel blessed to be working with such an amazing organization. God has really worked through them the past twenty years and I’m excited to be a part of it. I don’t always feel completely settled yet though and I miss people like crazy. The people here are very kind though and I look forward to getting to know them better. It’s lovely having housemates again. Through the year you’ll get to know them better to as I blog.

My job is managing community relations and most of what I’ll be doing is facilitating what is called the Second Sunday Concert Series. The second Sunday of every month we have a concert with various classical pieces played by our body of musicians. We’ll also sing hymns, have guest artists and I can perform pieces as well which I will most likely be doing with Kristina who is also and actor. My job is to put the word out, make and send posters, postcards, letters, co-ordinate the volunteers, create the program, etc. When I’m not doing that I’ll be looking for new ways to get us connected and known to the community. Maria (A*Corps) and Shannon (New Stage) have already given me some good advice on how to do that. Thank you ladies!

So in a very small nutshell that’s the beginning. More to come!

4 comments:

  1. good to hear you are settling in all right.

    all the best.
    love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "lovely-jubbly" as my daughter would say. Wow, good thing you got Lois Lane shoes, that sounds like a real grownup job. I want to be you if I grow up. Miss you. Love, Henry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I am so glad your mom mentioned your blog on hers cause now I can keep up with what is going on with you.

    Good luck with your new Adventure!!

    Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite a job! I'm so glad you have a good view. :)

    -kae

    ReplyDelete