Friday, October 10, 2008

Counting down to Knapples and Chuckles

It is a busy weekend. Our fourth intern arrived from Romania on Wednesday night. She and I are settling into the other side of the house now. She is a lovely girl and we're so glad to have her finally here. It will be good to have another actress here. This morning she made me breakfast and is disappointed that our American bread is so sweet.

Last weekend I went to Ohio for the 4th AmeriCorps reunion of my team. My former team leader and one of my team mates picked me up and we drove over for a wonderful weekend with our Amerifam. It was so good to see them and I'll write more about that when Mel sends out some of her beautiful pictures from our time.

Keeping with the reunion theme I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my friends from Belhaven. They come in tomorrow and I have that Christmas Eve anticipation where I can't sleep or focus very well. I can hardly believe that I get to see them.

We have our first Second Sunday Concert this weekend so I'm a little anxious about that as I'm in charge of it. I'm sure it will be fine, there's just a lot going on at once so I'm feeling a bit stressed. It's going to be a good weekend though and I'm just praying the stress and anxiety will ease and I'll enjoy every second that my friends are here. It's pretty neat that they'll get to see the concert.

Counting down to knapples and chuckles. Thankfully there's a fun concert tonight that I'm not in charge of and can enjoy with Krisztina. And then I'll drink a double dose of bedtime tea in the hopes of knocking out without "Christmaseveanitcipatinsomnia"

2 comments:

  1. Hope it is even better than you anticipate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like you are really enjoying yourself!! To be young again :-)

    You live a very exciting life. That is so great!!

    Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete