Thursday, October 23, 2008

Love my Job

Every other Thursday morning we have intern training here at the CPAF offices. Today I was inspired as Patrick talked to us about goals and biblical goal setting. Annaka and I talked about what we learned over lunch and discussed what our long term goals look like, and what we feel God has put on our hearts.
It's been exciting the past few years to see God focus my goal more and more. Discovering through the book "Addicted to Mediocrity" that He designed me to be an actor and that it was not only okay to follow that passion, but that it was a calling, was a very exciting moment. That was when I was in AmeriCorps four years ago. Since then pursuing acting in ways that will bring God glory has been the focus. God has provided for me again and again and taken me from New York to home to Mississippi to Indiana.
I'm starting to settle in more to my year here at CPAF. We were in church on Sunday and the Sunday School leader asked what our passions were. Realizing that my own personal calls were almost exactly the mission statement of the organization where I work was an awesome realization. I'm gaining valuable on the job skills in arts administration (arts admin. not my goal, but lets face it, it's useful wherever you are in the arts), working with a truly wonderful group of people, connecting with a ministry that will support me in prayer and study resources when I'm in the field, and growing spiritually.
I'm excited to see what happens through this year and I'll try to keep better updated on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great what God can do. So glad you love your job. Sounds like you have a very exciting future ahead of you. :-)

    ReplyDelete