"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"
- Phillipians 4:4
God is so good. Twice in one day this week the need to rejoice in Him always, in good and bad, when we feel like it and don't, was brought to my attention. At that time it was easy, but I recognize that the problems will come, and in fact, some have since then. I pray that I will always and ever have on my lips and in my heart that God is good.
He is good.
He is merciful Father, mighty to save, wonderful Maker, magnificent God, Holy, holy, holy, almighty Saviour, King of Kings, worthy to be praised. He hears His children. We may not feel like it because we often think that 'answered prayer' means prayer answered how we would want. His ways are not our ways. God is so good.
Very true. God is good. His ways are not our ways. Consider Jonah, in chapter 4, when he expects Ninevah to be destroyed but God spares them. He was angry with God for things not going the way he wanted them to, while God was planning everything for His own glory.
ReplyDeleteSo, let us pray: "Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be your name. Thy kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE on earth as it is in heaven..."
-Kae