Baby, it's cold outside. Really cold. And they're calling for snow. Part of me thinks that's lovely and the other part that wants to go see some of her YWAMily on Monday because they'll only be half hour away is not thrilled about it. If it's going to happen I suppose I should stick with the lovely part and try to get someone brave in the snow to take me so I don't have to drive the behemoth.
Speaking of, my first drive on my own took place a few weeks ago in the ministry's behemoth. Behemoth is a red 15 passenger van. Driving a 15-P has been destined for me I think. I didn't drive our 15-P in Americorps, nor at New Stage, but now, now I do.
So the driving of the behemoth is one of many new things happening in my life of late. I've been off of all sugars but whole fruit for three weeks now (inspired by my Momma Henry and Mary) and I feel fantastic. My thinking is much clearer and often I'm just so happy. This past week I was able to focus so much more at work and I felt like I got a lot done.
Work focus isn't just from the way I'm eating. Intern training has been really inspiring too and is helping me become more focused not just at the office (I work in an office?!?) but in my work as an actress as well. I feel like I'm growing in all areas of my life and it is so good. I've found a church I like and am part of a good small group there. It's so good to be encouraged to spend more time with God and delve into His word. My week feels different when I skip and I look forward to the next time.
Last night we had live Jazz and a reading of three O. Henry stories in the coffee shop where I write this entry. It went well and we had more people then chairs and had to bring some in from outside. It's a small shop for some perspective. And about half of our audience were CPAF staff. Still it was a good turn out and it was exciting to have it go well. This was my first effort as Community Relations Manager to begin some smaller performances. I think we'll do something like it again in a couple of months.
Time is flying and we can barely believe it's the weekend again. No complaints there though. Thanksgiving will be here before we know what happened and then it'll be almost time to come home for Christmas. Until then, it looks like we're going to have some snow here tonight. Enjoy your weekend all.
I'm so jealous of the snow - so YES do enjoy the lovely part. Hope you get to see your friends - and NO don't drive the behemoth - those things are terrible in the snow. Just ask the Aclys. Big Red used to be grounded when there was snow.
ReplyDeleteSnow, yikes. I am not ready for that myself. I used to drive a 15 passenger van at a job I used to have. I didn't mind it so much, I felt tall and safe.
ReplyDeleteThat is so great about the sugar. It has been so wonderful having your Mom as support. She is very encouraging and inspirational. Let me know if I can be any help to you.
Take care, Mary
Hi Merc - didn't know you got your license. Congratulations! And I'm impressed that you can even drive a behemoth. I still am not brave enough to do that.
ReplyDeleteHope you get to enjoy the snow AND have a good visit with your friends.
:-)