Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wynken, Binker and Nod

I woke up this morning (tues) to see the stars. Did you? Last night I discovered that there was going to be a meteor shower so I set my alarm for 2 am to catch some of it. I was very tired though and my alarm didn't wake me up, a dream did. It was very cold and I was glad for the down comfortor that Nancy laid on my bed yesterday. I bundled up in stockings and things and wrapped the down around me. The night sky here, meteors or no, is incredible. There is little light pollution so the celestial visibility is quite clear. I saw a few. One, round and luminous, took its time on its journey. Others were quick and small, causing you to be surprised you'd even seen it. It really is like a dance up there.

~~~

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night the display knowledge.
There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
Psalm 19:1-4

~~~
Last night I watched the night sky with the Brandon's. Whitlock and Holman or, as I call them, Binker and Nod. They came to see me and we remeinced about old times at Tiffany's, Belhaven, Jackson. When I woke up this morning my voice was hoarse from all the talking and laughing. It was good to laugh and laugh through past stories and present ones. I miss being with those people nearly every day but I enjoy seeing the pattern each of our lives take, seeing how we cross the sky. And I enjoy the eclectic reunions we find, new memories being made with whoever is closest, which changes as we shift our geography.


~ ~ ~

3 comments:

  1. I'm always happy to pray for you. Hope you come to visit when you get back. I'll make you and Alexandra a nice dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, so good to keep up with your adventure! Thanks for including us in the journey. Wanted to pass on to you an opening I read about with a theater company. You popped into my head when I read about it, so I'm acting on that pop as God-driven serendipity. Do with it what you are driven to do.
    Hugs,
    Eydie Searles

    The Friends of the Groom Christian Theater Company
    Actress Wanted
    Paid Part-time
    Wanted: Individual with 1)an active Christian faith they are willing to share, 2) professional level acting skills, and 3) a schedule that enables them to travel out-of-town 1 or 2 weekends a month. Work includes performing, leading workshops, and participating in worship. Actors are paid per performance or per day. Rehearsals are held at FOG headquarters in Terrace Park. Send resume and head shot (if available) to: Friends of the Groom
    Box 5, Terrace Park, OH 45174. fog@fuse.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Eydie! It's so good to hear from you.

    I would love to visit sometime Grandma Too. I'm not sure how long I'll be in town this go round though. I may be heading back to Charlottesville. I will let you know though! Oh and thanks for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete