Today I left my one day adventure in Seattle for an early morning flight to Juneau, Alaska. I grew up hearing about Alaska because it's my Mom's dream to go. And I understand why. It is truly beautiful here and I look forward to when Mom can see it for herself! It's been a long, good, full day. Sometimes in my travels backwards weather follows me. When I visited Florida last they had the coldest day in 100 years. After not living in Harpers Ferry for five years when I return this past year we have a really cold, really long, really really snowy winter followed by the hottest WV summer I've seen in a long time. This time it worked out very nicely. Yesterday rainy Seattle was bright and sunny and actually kind of hot. And today in Alaska? Same! A bright, clear, sunny, gorgeous, day.
I got to go hiking today! My legs hurt, I'm so tired, and I'm loving this adventure so far. At the end of my hike there was a nature center and I saw a bald eagle up close. He was incredible and truly took my breath away. I'm not sure why he's in captivity but he does have one blind eye so maybe that has something to do with it. I also saw an eagle's nest through a telescope. And I ate wild blueberries.
Other people at the hotel are waiting for the computer so that's all for now. Thanks for reading!
:Holy is the Lord God Almighty. The earth is filled with His glory.:
Just now started checking out your blogsite. Gotta get to work now though, so I'll catch up with you later. It's neat to hear you talk about the places I've been (Seattle and Juneau). How blessed I was to have such a good friend to take me on a cruise to Alaska a few years back. I hope to be able to pay it forward, backward, whatever the saying is and take your mom some day.
ReplyDeleteLisa B