Friday, August 13, 2010

Seattle

I'm in Seattle! Good grief I've wanted to see this city for a very long time and it is so cool. I'm only here for this day but I honestly didn't expect to see anything but the Lindblad office (which has a jimongous National Geographic world map on the wall and I also saw a picture of a whale) but I got to spend the afternoon walking around Pike Place Market. Ohmigoodness. Fresh flowers, fish throwing, rose jelly, European chocolate, New York pickles, RAW MILK!, so fantastic. I ate dinner near the water by the aquarium.

I've been up since 5:08 am Eastern time. Mom, Luke and Sam took me to the airport & I enjoyed the car ride over with them. I was praying I'd meet some nice strong guy at the airport because my bags are HEAVY to lug around, but alas no guy. :)

Anyhoo, I am super tired but I wanted to take a few computer minutes since I have the chance! I'm excited about this job and tomorrow I leave for Alaska! I can hardly believe it.

Oh! Oh! and I hailed a cab myself for the first time. :) It's the little things.

1 comment:

  1. This all makes me smile... it's so you!

    Much love to you! And prayers! :-)

    -AP

    ReplyDelete