Friday, November 19, 2010

Positioning, Fam Trips and Shipyard, oh my!


right then- a super quick blog after a very long day! We're in shipyard for the next two weeks in Alameda, California our 3 day positioning trip from Oregon (hurrah for some good rest, a LOT of sleep (a rocking boat, seasick tablets, eternal night from boarded windows and a formerly busy schedule can make you sleep more than you knew you were capable of. And I know I'm capable of a good deal!)games of Boggle, conversations with Jackie, Christmas lights, silly movies, milkshakes, and bowriding dolphins.)* and two - day and a half familiarization trips in San Francisco (ohmigoodness they were BUSY.)
So anyhoo, for the next couple of weeks the ship is going to be drydocked and we're going to be fixin her up and getting her in 'ship shape' as is the annual custom. I'm excited for the change of pace and type of work. AND, we get to stay in a hotel almost the whole time and I am so so happy about all these crazy little American conveniences like free wi-fi and taco bell. And my goodness it's funny what ship perspective does- Jackie and I are amazed by ALL THIS SPACE. I don't hit my head and wander around wondering if I have a concussion because of my low ceiling bunk. The ceiling looks so high and in the bathroom the shower has an actual tub and is entirely seperate from the toilet! It's crazy! I will say they don't fold their towels as nicely here as we do on the ship though. ;) Ohmigoodness this very normal size hotel room is about 4 times the size of our quarters built for three and we're delirously happy with all the space. Or maybe we're just delirous- we did work from 6:30am to 9pm.
I don't know for sure how this reads as I am tired but do know that these aren't actually complaints just funny observations. We like our little cabin ( we actually missed it when we had to move to guest cabins for positioning), like our crazy boat life, and work today was unusual prepping the ship to go drydock.

*wow. I didn't realize that whole huge runon sentence was all parenthetical. Sorry about that. :)

1 comment:

  1. the run on parenthetical does nothing but demonstrate your amazed/dazed state of mind -- I thought it was on purpose!!

    ReplyDelete