Thursday, November 11, 2010

Smeeks and Baby laptops

Here I am, cold and wet, in the aptly chosen 'Wet Dog Cafe' in Astoria, Oregon. We are at the end of our river season of which I have written nothing and for that I apologize. Hopefully posts will be a bit more faithful now as I am the happy new owner of a brown 'baby' laptop. Darkness and I have been calling them (we ordered the same thing at the same time and so they are not only 'baby laptops' but 'sister baby laptops, Yes, we are silly.) baby laptops and looking forward to their arrival all smeek. And so now I get to sit here with a coffee and enjoy the wifi! How fun.

A 'smeek' is what we have been calling the small weeks that the river trips have consisted of. We begin in Portland, Oregon and travel through several locks up and down the Columbia and Snake rivers. I'm never quite sure if I'm in Washington or Oregon because one is on one side of us and the other on the other. So when we're in port and I call home or somewhere and they ask where I am I stall for a moment and then say 'I'm not sure'.

I'm kind of freezing here in my jeans which has nothing to do with the temperture of this establishment and everything to do with my rain soaked jeans. And so my happy wi-fi usage will be cut short so that I don't get a terrible cold before we position down to California. Hurrah sunshine!

More soon~

No comments:

Post a Comment