I'm washing dishes when I hear my laptop give a subtle but firm
'Ding'
indicating something is wrong. The first one I notice but it doesn't faze me too much.
'Ding'
'Ding'
When the warnings continue into 2. 3, 4 I'm slightly baffled and curious given that I haven't been on my computer in about 20 minutes and no one else is touching it. I glance over and find that in actual fact that assertion is wrong. Because there's little Lily (who is undergoing a potential and trial name change. Mom thinks maybe 'Lily' is a little too soft and delicate for our wild little bit. I wonder why.) round and rounding on my keyboard trying to curl up for a nap and with my laptop protesting more and more frequently. This is after all the device I chased her around with the other night trying to get her picture. Obviously it's a landing pad for curious little kittens, and just the right size too.
Upon rescuing said laptop I found that the touch pad was off, the keyboard not typing and the wireless disabled. sigh. Well sigh and laugh. The cat did inadvertently teach me some features on my laptop I was unaware of and all problems are now fixed.
~
It's a beautiful Sunday with blue skies and no humidity. Sitting outside this morning it was actually even a little cool and I was reminded of fall days. Two times in particular. One from here at the Burrow the fall before I left for AmeriCorps. The feeling of doing a show I loved, a bag of great hand me downs, Halloween at our house, the great big spider web we made between two trees in the front yard, home school Mom's proclaiming my black outfit made me look like a New York actress. The feeling of home and doing what I loved.
The other a fall visit to Charlottesville, the nourishment of familiar camaraderie with an old friend, tea and talks, walk by the river with Bonnie and Maggie May. An October birthday and red lentil stew. The feeling of happy comfortable friendship.
In both, belonging.
I love the fall and fall memories.
~
This morning may or may not have started with chocolate pudding. Let's say it's safe to go with the first. I found an incredibly simple and delicious recipe for chocolate pudding on a Paleo website. For chocolate pudding it's fairly healthy too. If not healthy then certainly guilt free. Depending on what kind of coconut milk you use (I'd used unsweetened.) if you use good dark chocolate and good vanilla then the only sugar is from the chocolate and that is very minimal sugar. And in my opinion when it's dark and good quality the pros outweigh the cons anyway.
Anyway, long and short is take
2 cans of coconut milk
2 cups of dark chocolate chips
1 dash vanilla
(the recipe called for cinnamon too but the Whitacre women decided to forgo such a silly interruption to chocolate.)
Combine the milk and choc over med low heat and add the vanilla. The recipe wasn't specific about how long to heat it so I just went until the chips had melted and a little longer. Really I think you can just go til the ingredients melt and combine. (only I could turn this simple recipe into a 4 paragraph novel.)
Then pour it into some dishes, cover them and stick em in the fridge.
You're supposed to wait about 2 hours but I think I barely made holding off that long. At that point it was fairly thin in consistency but not exactly liquid. It tasted delicious. The longer it sat the more pudding like and firm it got but really I think the 2 hour mark was the best tasting one even though it was thinner.
So yeah. Chocolate for breakfast. Yum
Happy Sunday!
*Oh and 'Lily's' potential name switch is Ysma. Like Eartha Kitz's character from 'The Emperor's New Groove' who incidentally turns into a small cute cat. Lots of vivacity & wildness shrunk to a cute small kitten. Possibly perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment