![]() |
In February I started dating a handsome cellist. I've known him for three years and liked him from the start. We met through Masterworks and share a great group of friends, including several who have long been rooting for the possibility of this relationship.
After a break at home for Easter and a trip to Cleveland to see Bobby (he would be the cellist), May took me back to the boat in Alaska. Despite the magic of kissing whales in Baja during this short fill in stint I saw the best sight I've ever seen while working on the boat, and one of the top moments of my life; my Mom on the Sitka dock. Doors opened, God provided, prayers were answered, crazy awesome things fell in line and my Mom got to join me for the last week of my stint in AK.
It. Was. Awesome.
The weather was unbelievably good- we'd had so much rain the previous two trips, nearly every day, and hardly any for her trip. We saw actual sunshine multiple times. The guests were a good group and Mom and I both met several neat people. And the animal sightings which would have been excellent for any Alaska trip, were unreal for this early in the season. To go into it all would take far too long for this little sum up but we had a grand time & even got to fly back together. There was only a little sadness in the venture and that was for my poor Dad who missed Mom so much I'm not sure he'll ever let her out of sight again. They're pretty cute on being reunited though.
Most recently was Masterworks where instead of the theatre program I nannied for my good friend (and veritable little sister) Kaelen and her precocious two year old Abel. He's has the biggest vocabulary of any toddler I know and says the most clever little things. My favorites from our time together were "I miss my Mommy. Do you miss your Bobby?" and
"I'm grumpy too. Wanna snuggle?"
![]() |
| "Call me Mr. Suwah (Sir)" |
It was really good to be with Kaelen again, to talk late at night and fall into our old rhythm of friendship as if we see one another everyday. And it was good to be around such great fellowship of old Masterworks friends, and new ones too, and to be encouraged in my walk with God. And seeing my boyfriend every day? That wasn't half bad either.
So now it's back at home before I move to Cleveland in two weeks. Sam and I have been playing bananagrams and watching Psych episodes and I got to visit the Howlett family and my beautiful *nieces, Scott and Corey from Belhaven, Alexandra and her family.
There have been lots of mini adventures in between, things learned, good visits, new people, times of quiet. And hard stuff too. Even with all the happenings that make this year so grand, I've been struggling too- particularly after NY- with a sort of numbness. Mostly that's been in regards to acting but other things too. I think it's breaking up some though, for which I'm glad, and I'm very much looking forward to a new move to Cleveland in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for reading~


No comments:
Post a Comment