And now, the reason for the need of new shoes.
The beginning of this summer had me striving to remember what exactly was so delicious about ambiguity. My summer job had fallen through and I wasn't sure what was next for the fall. Though I was enjoying time at home I missed Belhaven (still do) and wasn't sure what or when my next adventure would be. I knew that God would provide in His time, He always does, but I tend to want things on my time and was trying hard not to freak out. It's so odd that we can have so much trouble trusting in the Creator of the universe. It doesn't make much sense really.
I got an invitatio in July to spend a couple of weeks with a friends family and tutor her little brother. I had a very good time and got to go to a Christan classic arts festival to pick up said friend, Kaelen. Kaelen's mom, Mrs. Zirbel, found an internship with the organization that runs the festival and I applied for the internship. While at the festival I was able to interview and audition for the position. The people there were very kind and I gathered that the atmosphere would be very similiar to what it was when I was at YWAM, living in a spiritually and artistically rich community.
And so the long and short of it is that I got the internship and on the 31st of this month I will be headed off for my newest adventure! As the community relations intern (which is the position I wanted) I will get to help put the bi-weekly concerts together and other events as well as involving people who support the ministry. Thus the need for some grown up shoes. I will also develop and work on my craft and perform which although required will be a product of my own initiative.
I am excited about this new job and I intend to keep my goings on posted here on this blog. (Which may be getting a make-over soon) I will send out a mass e-mail tonight to let my dear friends and relations know of its actual existence and then you are free to check it at your own risk...I mean leisure. This may be better than being inundated with mass e-mails, although I've gotten bad about sending even those unless it's for a new address. I'll try to be better at posting here but the pen name is accurate in that I am fickle when it comes to blogging. We'll see how it goes. Happy reading~
Hey girl - I wanted you to know that I'm enjoying reading of your adventures! Thank you for sharing. I was excited about the internship. Not sure I got how far away that takes you - or maybe how much closer it might be to me!
ReplyDeleteMuch love - Julie