
Rubies and Emeralds
So after the square Lois Lane shoe incident Mom took me shopping for various things I'll need for the new adventure. We went to the Salvation Army while we were out and they had a much larger shoe selection than our local Goodwill. So I began the search. And lo and behold I found not just one pair of shoes that outdid the Lois Lane's but several good sturdy grown up shoes! Most of them were two dollars and besides the useful black Hushpuppy pumps and the go with everything brown flats and the dress up black heels I found fun green shoes and .... a pair of ruby red slippers! Mom bought me these literal gems and said she was getting me Rubies and Emeralds. Incidentally, I was glad she'd vetoed the Lois Lane's as I found everything I needed and more at the Sal Val. (Stupid nickname that doesn't actually make sense but I picked it up and A*Corps and haven't been able to drop it since.)
I wore the Ruby Red Slippers recently on a trip to DC with my brother. He'd never driven before and he was kindly taking me to visit a professor and dear friend that was in town. DC isn't exactly the easiest city to navigate so I told Dev I was wearing the shoes to get us home should we need them. While we had Dr. Lou and Mrs Laura we did fine (and had a delightful time!) but we had a little problem with a traffic circle in the middle of the city on the way back. That could easily be a blog in and of itself. Better yet just call me and ask about it. We did get back eventually though and in one piece and I was so proud of my bro for his terrific driving abilities. We didn't even need the shoes but they made me feel cute. And safer of course.
D.C. with Dr. Lou and Dev (and Mrs. Laura too!)
And so there is the long story of the shoes which is very strange for a girl who used to go barefoot EVERYWHERE. Rin dear I promised you I'd post it today and so there it is. I hope you enjoyed. ;)
There's no place like home...There's no place like home...
ReplyDeleteCute shoes. You can pull anything off.
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the both sweet and wise comment. You made my day and brought a super big smile to my face. And those ruby reds are so cool.
ReplyDeletethanks for the picture of you AND Dr. Lou!
ReplyDeletethanks for the picture of you AND Dr. Lou!
ReplyDelete