Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 20, January 31

Okay so I think my countdown number were slightly off so we’re recalibrating today with

Day 20, January 31. I’m disappointed that I don’t have the other days written here because I was enjoying the consistency but ah well. I’ve been tired at bedtime and up early so it is what it is.

Jan 28 I woke up early to go out and see whales again. It wasn’t nearly as wonderful as the night before with Kathy (ohmigoodness. ) but we still did see them. Afterward I worked all day in the galley.

Jan 29- turn day. Yucky. Worked 15 hours straight. Yucky. But learned from Captain that the amazing trip we had had was indeed spectacular and the best we can hope to see out here. And the grey whales aren’t usually as active and friendly, the weather isn’t usually as good as it was this week in Mag bay. We were very fortunate and it’s good to know.

Jan 30- Galley day. I’m the galley stew this week and working in the galley wasn’t as bad as I’d been dreading. Dishes galore and the wonderful end of day smell of stagnant dishwater. Ended the day with some good quiet time on the lido deck. While praying I thought of my resentful angry attitude yesterday with my fellow stews because they get their work done so much faster than me. I confessed this and prayed for forgiveness and then felt prompted to think of something in each of the stewards that I was grateful for. It was very good.

Bringing us to today…

Jan 31, Day 20, Day off.

Woke early to go watch the sunrise on the bow but it was SOOO windy and cold that I went back to bed. For three hours. Wow. Felt pretty rested when I did get up though.

Captain put together a crew boat for us for whale watching and I went out on both. I am so determined to actually touch one of these beautiful creatures. Second round we saw five mama and calf pairs at the same time and one fluked right by our boat. It makes me so happy to see them. They are amazing.

I want to write about the whales- grey whales- well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment