Monday, February 7, 2011

February 6, Day 14

Today I got off of the boat with Edd, Daisey and Marc (newish stew. Jackie’s replacement but has worked on the boat before.) at Isle Danzante which I just learned means ‘dancers’ and we took a two and half hour walk along to coastline. This wasn’t a straight and easy beach walk mind you, it was rocky, pebbly, barnacley, etc. It was so good to get off of the boat and to walk and climb. We saw some beautiful beaches and Edd- whom we called our EL (expedition leader)- showed us a cave he had discovered a bit ago. The water was a beautiful color. We saw two ospreys and I got stabbed by a plant. And now it’s very much time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Life on a boat, shew. I'm envious of you seeing blue whales! I cannot imagine how awe-inspiring that must be.

    I do not, however, your being sea-sick... you're a trooper!

    looking forward to seeing you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete