Monday, November 17, 2008

All Access

Today I had the wonderful blessing of getting to see some of the people from my time with YWAM. I did not have to take the Behemoth because my lovely house mate Julie already was interested in going and so was easily won over with the offer of gas money and coffee. She, Krisztina and I set out early and it was snowing. It looked so lovely and the excitement of seeing old friends mixed with the magic of falling snow made for the start of a feel good morning.

When we got to the school we were looking for the auditorium and I saw a backstage with familiar tour boxes. An actor I didn't know in a costume that I did came out. I asked if she was with All Access and if she could tell me where Kelsey was. She found the entrance to the auditorium and instructed me that Kelsey was the red-head. "I know", I said and ran inside to hug John-O and Kelsey and hear "SHUT-UP!" from the stage because Kelsey hadn't told them I was coming and Heather made her typical exclamations. Hugs from Holly and David, hugs and more "Shut-Up!" from HP (one of the happiest people you will ever meet.), greeting in an Irish accent from Johnny "McFlynn" holding his and Kelsey's new baby Lola (the furry, four legged kind). Holly and David caught up with me a bit before the show started and it was lovely how not weird it was to see them all. We've always noted that at Ameri-Corps reunions, how we just fall back into step. I am so glad that was how this morning was too.

The show was good, Holly was an adorable "New Girl". The girls liked it and the kids had a really good response. This group does really good work and I'm so glad that I got to be a part of it. I'm excited that they still do it and that I got to see them today. Dan's message about making a choice every time we open our mouths to speak words of life or words of death to people never gets old and I've heard it a hundred times.

The show is with Youth With A Mission, Metro NY, All Access. They tour the play No More Victims to schools across the nation. It's a show about valuing each other, about not bullying, about being responsible for the words we speak to one another and how words effect us. All Access takes this production into public high schools and they're sharing the truth of the gospel with these kids. It's really incredible. You can find out more at www.allaccessny.org or www.ywam-ny.com

Please pray for them as they continue to tour these next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. How cool!
    You can't hear that speaking life or death thing to people too many times. Thanks - I needed that.

    Love you - and so glad you got to see your friends. So glad also you did not have to trudge out in the Behemoth alone in the snow.

    ReplyDelete